Generally, translations of standard continuous text, delivered as a Word file, will be charged by volume (word-count, line-count).
All other translation work will generally be charged by the hour, including but not limited to:
- PowerPoint files
- Excel files
- Lists of words or phrases
- Fragments of text without full context
- Advertising copy, marketing slogans, etc.
- Updates of previously translated texts
- Additional formatting/layout work
Both word-count and line-count are measured in the target language. A line is calculated as 55 characters (incl. spaces).
Time spent on hourly-charged work is recorded in minutes and charged in ¼-hour units, rounded up to the next full ¼ hour. Minimum charge applies.
Our policy is to minimise the use of surcharges, but we reserve the right to apply surcharges of between 25% and 50% for extremely urgent orders or if required to work in the evenings or at weekends.