DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Your personal data - what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller's possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the ‘GDPR').
How do we process your personal data?
LingServe Ltd complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data to provide translation and translation-related services to our customers, to maintain our own accounts and records, and to provide requested information such as blog post notifications.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
We process data where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract; for compliance with our legal obligations; and for the legitimate interests of LingServe Ltd.
In case of activation of the IP anonymization, Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of the IP address for Member States of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA.
On behalf of the website provider Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared with third parties only with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary.
Your rights and your personal data
- Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of any personal data which LingServe Ltd holds about you
- The right to request that LingServe Ltd correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request that your personal data be erased where it is no longer necessary for LingServe Ltd to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction be placed on further processing
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact LingServe Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org ¦ Upper Barn, 4 Hillside Road, Aldershot GU11 3NB ¦ +44 (0)1252 336052